Students and Scholarships

Emma Garff, Student Life Reporter

Tons of stress for high schoolers comes from worrying about scholarships. Because they know they need them, but they don’t know where the scholarships are.

“I just don’t know how to find them,” senior, McKenzie Hintze, said.

And she is right, finding scholarships and knowing where to start is the hardest part. Counselors can help you, you just have to find questions to ask. So many scholarships go unused every day.

It takes lots of time to apply for scholarships, but it is so worth it. Especially if you aren’t going to be able to rely on your parents for support anymore.

“I hope I get one,” senior, Jessica Haviland, said.

And she probably will, if she has applied and followed the guidelines correctly.

Another hard thing about scholarships is having to figure out what you are going to do for college. Knowing what college you are going to go to and what you are going to major in is a small part of applying to scholarships.

There are two important places to start looking for scholarships. The first one is on the school’s website. If you have a couple places where you might want to go you should apply for scholarships for all of them. The second place is on websites that match you to scholarships that will transfer to any school you want to go to.

In conclusion, even though applying for scholarships is tedious, it is worth it. If you don’t know where to start, there are people who can help you.