Art Classes Benefit Students

Sophie McGowen, Reporter

School schedules can make or break your high school experience. Sometimes students will fill their entire schedule with AP and CE classes, which can be extremely stressful. The amount of homework students have and the number of tests they have to study for is insane. Other students may have a nearly empty schedule and take a lot of home release periods. This can also be detrimental to a student. Sometimes they will not have enough credits to graduate or it may just look bad on the transcripts that they send to college. One of the amazing things Farmington High school offers is art classes, which offers a balance between both of these.

Art classes at Farmington High School are not just classes where you paint or draw pictures. There are acrylic, watercolor, and drawing classes but there are also so many more options of art credit classes you can take. Our school offers ceramics classes, jewelry classes, acting classes, and many more. If you have a lot of periods of home release consider taking an art class. It gives you the opportunity to be in school but in a stress free environment. A lot of students find the classes therapeutic and they are something that many students look forward to.  

“Art classes are a good break in my schedule. Getting out of math and going to drawing helps me get through my day. My parents would rather me be at school than take home release so art classes are a good compromise,” Senior student, Darlington Tolbert, said.

Art could be something many students discover a love for and decide to pursue further outside of school. Art classes also can just be something fun you do to fill your schedule. No matter who you are or what your artistic ability is, there is most definitely an art class made for you at Farmington High. Talk to your counselor and try them out!