Students Express Feelings About School Closure

Lexi Day, Reporter

On March thirteenth, Governor Herbert announced that, due to COVID-19, Utah schools would be closed for at least two weeks. Then, on May first, that was extended to the end of the school year.

Now, having been out of school for a little over two months, students have gotten a taste of what it’s like to be out of school for so long during the school year.

“What I liked is that my schedule was super flexible and I could do school work at any time was easiest for me,” Farmington sophomore, Luke Olson, said.

“I like that I can get everything done on my own time and have a much more personalized schedule,” Sophomore, Ashley Hintze, said.

This is something that most students would agree with, but on the other hand, there are the negative parts of not being able to go to school.

“I don’t like that I can’t see any friends from school or have as easy access to help from teachers,” Hintze said.

After having to do school from home for so long, students are starting to realize that it isn’t always all good. While it can be nice to not have to wake up early and actually go to the school, there are other things that are frustrating about doing school at home. We’ll have to wait and see what will happen when school starts in the fall.