A High School Survival Guide

McCall Brown, Staff Writer

It is no secret that high school can be very challenging in multiple different aspects. What is something that can be helpful to future high school students? A survival guide to high school of course! School in general can throw several curveballs at you whether they are good or bad but high school especially can put you in some interesting situations. 

There are some many different things in high school to enjoy including sports, clubs, and even just essential classes that you have to take to graduate high school. One of the main things that people love about high school specifically is that you can easily meet so many new people and make lots of new friends. Another favorite activity that people love is being involved in one of our sports teams. These are just a couple of things that people take away from school that they remember forever. 

“I loved meeting new people and making new friends that I didn’t grow up with,” senior, Annalise Voordeckers said. 

“I really liked being a part of the volleyball team! It’s just fun to be involved in school at all,” senior, Cali Layton said. 

There are definitely some tips that our seniors could give future sophomores about coming to Farmington High. Very popular tips on being successful include completing assessments on time, studying for the assessments, and making time to still have fun and enjoying your school experience. Not only do seniors have great advice for incoming sophomores, but most people would agree that we have some great teachers here at the school that are more than happy to help you. 

“I really like the coaches here at the school, especially when I beat Caputo in a 1v1 in class,” senior, Luke Langpap said. 

One of the many great things about high school is that it is an awesome place to grow as a person. It is a place that gives you multiple opportunities every day and can give you some great memories.