This Year’s Final Four

Treyden Schow, Sports Reporter

March up until the Sweet Sixteen was very eventful and exciting, and many March Madness fans were overcome with anticipation waiting for games to resume on Thursday. Once 

Thursday came, the games picked right back up with high intensity and excitement like there was never a break at all. One very memorable team so far who just had their run cut short by North Carolina was Saint Peters, who made it all the way to the Elite Eight beating Kentucky in the first round and hanging on from there on till they were put down and sent home.

“My bracket’s totally shot because I had Baylor going all the way,” sophomore, Tage Schow, said.

One game that shocked viewers everywhere was the Arkansas vs Gonzaga game. Arkansas was a four seed who had been doing well in most of their games, and Gonzaga was a one seed who was one of the favorites to win this year, but looking back almost no one would have guessed they’d lose before the final four. Arkansas took it to the unsuspecting Zags and ended up beating them 74 to 68 once again, shocking both Gonzaga and Arkansas fans. Arkansas ended up moving on, but sadly their run ended there because they lost to the two seed Duke and watched them move onto the final four in their place.

“Honestly, I stopped caring about my bracket and just started enjoying the games because I’ve got no chance winning my group anymore,” junior, Ethan Lowel, said.

On Sunday, the two games played were Miami the ten seed vs Kansas the one seed, and Saint Peters the fifteen seed vs North Carolina the eight seed. Both games were huge blow outs with Kansas winning with a twenty-six-point margin, and North Carolina winning with a twenty-point margin. Despite those games being less exciting, most fans can’t help but look forward to the Final Four and watch these super teams battle it out for a shot to be in the finals.