Farmington High Girls Track

Delaney Baker, Sports Reporter

Farmington High’s track team is coming to the end of its season as they enter into state. These athletes have worked extremely hard and are learning the values of athletics. Track teaches mental toughness and to not give up. Experiences through track will stick with these athletes forever, whether it be the memories or life lessons.

“Track has taught me to persevere and never doubt that your hard work will pay off in the end,” track athlete, Taylor Miller, said.

Track has also created several memories for these athletes. Track pushes your mental capacity, but the support of your teammates often makes it a lot easier. When athletes look back at their days doing track they remember the rewarding moments not the struggles. Moments of seeing your friends succeed and seeing your hard work pay off will be cherished forever.

“The best experience this season has been going to all the meets and supporting my teammates,” track athlete, Caitlyn Gibbs, said.

The end of the season is often the most rewarding because athletes have prepared for months for the state meet. They are often having their best performances of the season. State is what each athlete looks forward to for their sport.

“I have put a ton of hours in at practice and at home doing workouts just to build speed and endurance so that we can qualify and do well at state,” Miller said.

High school track is an experience that athletes will remember their entire life. Pushing yourself mentally and physically has several benefits. Track can open opportunities for these athletes later in life whether it be in college athletics or with lessons they have learned through participating.