Plans For Summer Vacation

Madi Spilker, Student Life Reporter

As summer is quickly approaching, many are excited for the adventures they will embark on this summer. This can be anything from trips, chilling at home, or prep for life. There is so much to do in Utah in summer and students need to enjoy the life they could have during this break.

“What I am excited about this summer is my HEFY trip to Thailand,” junior, Megan Wood, said.

With this being the first summer without the burdens of Covid, many plan to travel. My family is planning a trip that we were supposed to go on two years ago. Many students have shared their fun travel plans. This summer will have pictures flooding your Instagram feed, so keep an eye out.

“I’m most excited for no more school and swimming,” senior, Emma Garff, said.

Summer doesn’t have to be a big trip, it can be like what Emma said: the joy of swimming and no school. Students can hike, hammock, swim, and hang with friends, and that’s just the beginning. In my personal experience, the times I have the most fun in the summer were when we were all together doing simple things like volleyball, spikeball, soccer and campfires.

If you don’t like being out in the heat, you can always catch up on your favorite tv shows or watch new movies. You can do this with just yourself or bring along some of your friends. Students may also want to play video games all summer. There are so many things to do this summer, either enjoying the AC or enjoying nature.

Overall, summer is a time for students to relax and have fun. It can be simple or a big trip that makes your summer. There are so many things you can participate in and enjoy. Just do what makes you happy this summer and don’t take a moment for granted.