Club Spotlight: Multicultural Club

Charli Merrill, Student Life Reporter

Farmington is full of many diverse clubs. Whether it’s gaming club or swing dance, there is something to fit everyone’s interests. If you are looking to expand your horizons and immerse yourself in different cultures, you’ve come to the right place!

The Multicultural club was started last year by Ela Shevket when she realized there was a lack of diversity in our school. 

“I started the club because I wanted to have a space for people to learn about other cultures in a safe and respectful environment,” club president, Ela Shevket, said. 

The main activities they do throughout the year include food booths around the world (fundraiser) and arts and crafts from different cultures. They even have guest speakers come and share different stories and perspectives of their culture. 

“I joined the multicultural club so that I could learn about different backgrounds. I love being in the club especially because we have good food. I would recommend the club for anyone that wants to have a community or needs a place to fit in,” club member, Josh Hillbig, said. 

Their introductory meeting was held on October 12th, But it’s never too late to join in!

The club typically meets once a month. Meetings are held on Wednesdays or Thursdays at lunch in Mrs. Beck’s room.  For more information, their Instagram is @farmington_multicultural_club, and you can even text @fhg2g4 to 81010 for meeting times and updates!