Cool Spots for Studying

Charli Merrill, Student Life Reporter

Have you lost interest in your current study area? Are you tired of the mundane landscape that is your home?  It’s time to switch up your homework routine and try something new! Lucky for you, there are several places nearby to keep you charged and focused. 

First, an obvious choice is Barnes and Noble. B&N is located at Station Park near Build-a-Bear. It provides a calm studying environment where you can be surrounded by other students who are there for the same reason. There is also a Starbucks inside the store so you’ll have plenty of caffeine to keep you going. 

Next, Split Leaf Coffee is located on main street in Bountiful. It is a plant/coffee shop with plenty of tables and couches to get to work. They even have free wifi! If you need a break, you can pick up a plant to brighten your mood. This is a great place to sit back and take in the atmosphere, especially on weekends where they frequently hold open mics!

Another great option is the Davis County Library. It is less than 2 miles away from the school and is always going to be quiet. Several conference rooms are available for private use if you have a group project to work on, or even if you’re by yourself practicing a presentation! If you need an enclosed space to take an important test, they also have a silent study room in the back with dividers in between the desks. 

Utilizing a study group can also be a great way to get things done. For some people, being around a group of focused people will motivate them to also be focused. This is proven to help you retain more information. If you meet up at a friend’s house for a couple hours a week, chances are you’ll get a lot more done than if you were alone. 

Lastly, taking your studying outdoors is proven to promote creativity and enhance learning. Going to a park or a lookout provides a pretty backdrop and creates a more enjoyable work environment to finish up homework. Even just studying in a part of your house that looks into nature is a close substitute.

Addresses :

Barnes and Noble- 238 W Union Ave, Farmington Utah

Split Leaf Coffee- 37 N Main St, Bountiful Utah

Davis County Library- 133 S Main St, Farmington Utah