Seasonal Depression is CANCELLED

Charli Merrill, Student Life Reporter

Because of the dreary weather In the fall and winter months, many students struggle with seasonal depression, or seasonal affective disorder. Symptoms usually include fatigue, depression, hopelessness, and social withdrawal. These symptoms tend to occur in a pattern at the same time each year, and affects students heavily.

But now since it’s officially spring and there are more sunlight hours of the day, many people start feeling better around this time of year. So how did seasonal depression affect students, and what are they looking forward to in the brighter seasons?

“I think it’s an issue that teachers should take more seriously and provide more resources for students because it is something that affects many people.”, senior Jaden Jensen said.

“So I have super bad seasonal depression, and it makes it super hard to do school work and go to school. But now that it’s getting warmer it’s a lot easier to find motivation to do work.”, senior Abby Harding said. 

Luckily, most people only experience seasonal depression in the cold months from October-March, so the weather warming up brings lots of promise for the summer season.

“I’m looking forward to actually being able to be outside more. I’m a huge outdoor person but I hate the cold.” Abby said. 

“ Personally I am looking forward to walking to and from class with the sun on my face and being able to go mountain biking again.”, freshman Adam Bradford said. 

“Winter is so emo. I’m excited for skateboarding, running outside, tumbling, going to lakes, and swimming.”, senior Carly Pack said. 

“Just enjoying the weather, hanging with friends, etc. because for several months I just didn’t feel like doing anything”, Jaden added.

Whatever you’ve been dealing with this winter, you are not alone. There is still so much to look forward to in the near future!