The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Seniors Reflect on Their High School Experience.

Many seniors have been reflecting lately on their high school life, and how their life will change once they have left. 

When thinking about the high school experience I knew that what most affected your life was what you are interested in when you are in high school. Many students had a variety of classes or clubs that they were a part of. Some weren’t part of many things at school but still had their own things that they enjoyed doing.

“Most things that I do on my own are things that I typically enjoy.” Senior, Tyler Kennedy said.

High school is a place where you can explore things that you might be interested in as well as getting better at the things you enjoy. in high school, students are still learning who they are and what they enjoy. Because of this many students used to do things that they no longer do anymore.

“I used to run with the cross country team… because a lot of my friends run and I thought it would be fun to spend time with them and it was, but not fun enough for me to keep going.” Senior, Savannah Taylor, said.

At the beginning of high school there are many opportunities to explore things you might be interested in. This gives many students the chance to explore things that could give them valuable skills that they can use throughout their life. Many students told me about things that they tried that ended up changing their life in a positive way.

“I enjoy marching band, I was surprised because it took me a while to actually like it but I think learning how to play music at a high level is something that I’m surprised that I enjoy.” Senior, Macey Hess, Said.

Looking back at all the choices they made in high school, students reflected on what they regretted about what they did and didn’t decide to do. Many shared with me what they wished they had done in high school.

“Taking things like tennis more seriously and just taking advantage of the time I have as a kid that I don’t have time to do now.” Senior, Spencer Barlow, said