The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

2024 Super Bowl Teams

Chiefs and 49ers set to meet at the 2024 Super Bowl
2024 Super Bowl Teams

Sunday, January 10th the Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers beat the Detroit Lions to secure their spots in the 2024 Super Bowl.  

A quick exciting first drive of the game for the Chiefs resulted in a touchdown by Kelce and a 7-0 lead. Lamar Jackson threw a 30-yard touchdown pass to Zay Flowers to keep things close with a score of 7-7.  

At halftime the Kansas City Chiefs pulled ahead with a score of 17-7. And the Ravens went on to score a field goal lessening the Chief’s lead and the final score to 17-10.  

As for the Lions and 49ers game, the Lions suffered a tough loss with the close score of 34-31. 

Farmington students were asked how they felt about the outcomes of Sunday’s games.  

“I’m mad because it’s just a repeat of the 2020 Super Bowl. And I don’t want to see Taylor Swift at the super bowl. The lions choked up and it was kind of a boring game. I wanted Detroit to finally win and have something,” senior, Eli Spicknall said.  

The Detroit Lions franchise has never made a Superbowl appearance, and the 49ers have kept it that way. 

“I hate the Chiefs because I hate their fan base. I feel like everyone just jumped on the bandwagon,” senior, Ashley Peterson said.  

The Chiefs and 49ers met in the 2020 Super Bowl 4 years ago. The Chiefs defeated the 49ers by 11 points and makes fans wonder what the outcome of this Superbowl will be.  

Some wonder if the Chiefs will claim their fourth Super Bowl title and their second Super Bowl win over the 49ers. Or will the 49ers get their overall 6th Superbowl win? 

Tune into the Superbowl on February 11th to see an exciting game between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers!