The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

5 Day Weekend Coming Up!!!

5 Day Weekend Coming Up!!!

Weekend Coming Up!!! 

With all the stress it brings with it being the last week of third term, we can also be excited about the 5-day weekend we get!!

Many students are looking forward to it and already know exactly how they plan to spend their days. I asked a few students and a teacher how they’ll be spending their break and how they think other students will be spending their break.  

With all this snow the mountains have gotten recently several students shared how they will spend their weekend snowboarding and skiing. 

Senior, Blake Kalt said, “I will definitely sleep in every day, and hang out with my friends and go skiing and rock climbing with them.” 

Every student interviewed answered sleep in of course. Senior, Isaac Miller only answered with “sleep in” when asked what he was going to do this extra-long weekend.  

Other students may work to earn a few extra dollars during the day. Senior, Bridget Maxwell said that she will be working most of the break at her work Pat’s Dancewear to make money. She then said, 

“I think most kids will spend their weekend skiing and snowboarding.” One of our teachers, Mr. Carpenter, says he will spend the weekend differently by going to meetings to help him become a better teacher and make lesson plans for the upcoming term.  

Everyone needs to keep pushing through the last few days of third term and be excited for the extended weekend! Remember to be smart and safe with all the activities you decide to do! Everyone will be spending this weekend differently; but we do know that we’re all going to take advantage and sleep in as much as we can.