The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Six Time All-Pro Center, Super Bowl Champion Jason Kelce Retiring. Is It His Time To Leave?

Jason Kelce has been playing professional football for the Philadelphia Eagles for thirteen seasons. He has accomplished many things during his career including being a seven-time Pro Bowl selection, a six-time first-team All-Pro selection, and brought his team to victory during the 52nd Superbowl. Kelce is considered to be in the future Pro Football Hall Of Fame and is one of the best centers in NFL history. 

Jason Kelce’s rumors of thoughts of near retirement started after the wild-card loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday the 15th with an embarrassing score of 32- 9. After the hard lost game with emotions swirling, Jason informed his teammates and colleagues of his retirement. 

Kelce pointed out the timing of the announcement in his podcast New Heights with his co-host and brother Travis Kelce.

“I just don’t think you’re in a position after a game like that to really make that decision. I just don’t. There’s too much emotion in the moment, there’s too much going down in the moment, to really fully grasp that decision.” stated Jason Kelce 

When the topic of retirement came up for Kelce it was an emotional and hard time for him and his teammates. Kelce has addressed his retirement plans and has stated that nothing is set in stone.

“It’s just something that I think, when it’s time to officially announce what’s happening in the future, it’ll be done at in a way that’s definitive and pays respect to a lot of people and individuals that have meant a lot to me and what has led to the career I’ve have…but, in the future, there will be something said, I guess,” Jason Kelce said

All though there are thoughts for retirement many believe it is not his time to leave. 

“I think Kelce has lots of football in him still.” stated Sophomore Emma Leonard.

Jason Kelce’s brother Travis Kelce made similar statements as Emma in his podcast New Heights.

“Jason still has some football in him” Stated Travis Kelce 

On that future day when retirement plans are decided if it’s his time to leave or not there will be many fans left with a hole in their heart where Jason Kelce once filled. One of those fans includes Sophomore Wyatt Thomas who will always remember and show respect to the great NFL center and teammate. 

Wyatt gave his thoughts after being asked his thoughts of Jason’s retirement. 

“It will definitely be sad but he’s a memorable center, one of the best of all time. All good things have to come to an end.” stated sophomore Wyatt Thomas

Many others will remember the great player and role model they looked up to when the day of Jason Kelce’s retirement comes, and hopefully that day will not come any time soon.