Feelings About Graduation

Emma Kaholoaa, Student Life Reporter

There are about 3 weeks left of school. Everyone is starting to take their AP tests or their finals, and graduation is just around the corner. 

As everyone is trying to hustle and finish their school work, this comes with a lot of stress and anxiety. Seniors are also starting to feel stressed about the next chapter of their lives. 

“I am super nervous about graduating. Specifically about maintaining my 4.0 and making decisions that affect me for the rest of my life” Senior, Josh Hilbig, said.

Josh also talks about how he’s excited to make decisions for himself but he just doesn’t feel ready. Moving on to college is a big transition because you become independent and make decisions for yourself. 

Most seniors are feeling anxious about graduation and don’t know what their future holds. We have to plan out the next 4 years of our life right now. That is a lot of pressure for 17/18 year olds. But not every senior is feeling this way.

“I am not nervous at all for graduation. I am excited to leave this town and happy to be done with high school finally.” Senior, Hallie Wangemann, said. 

Hallie also touched on her plans to take a gap year and spend the summer in alaska. She still plans to return to Utah to attend the U of U. 

Some didn’t have the best high school experience and are glad for it to be over while others are just excited for the next part of their lives to begin.