The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

CenterPoint Legacy Theater giving students Performing Arts Opportunities outside of School.

Farmington has a rich pool of talented singers, dancers, and performers overall. While our school theater program offers so many amazing opportunities, students seeking more theater exposure have found CenterPoint to be a wonderful resource to continue their theater education.

Oh boy! CenterPoint is so awesome!! It is an amazing environment where I can meet people who share the passion I do. We get to work and collaborate and create together for months and then perform for audiences who get to experience the beautiful stories. The stories told are so beautiful and can change lives. Being able to become a character and connect with an audience is so powerful. I get to tell a story that people can connect to their own lives and identify with a character. telling a fake, made-up story will make people feel real emotions. The community built at CenterPoint is unreal. the people are so loving and so accepting, it really does make you feel like you belong.” Sophomore, Amy Gurney

CenterPoint offers an academy program that high school students can audition for. This program provides once a week classes/ rehearsals where you are trained in skills like emotional belting, cold reads, and how to emote and not act in a forced way. Students from all over Davis County who have participated in the academy program have gone on to do amazing things in the industry.

Aside from the academy classes they also offer optional shows for additional opportunities. For these shows you do not need to be a part of the academy you can just come and audition. CenterPoint’s amazing program is often able to get rights to shows that are hard to come by. Just in the past year these incredibly talented students have put up Beetlejuice and are currently workshopping The Phantom of the Opera.

CenterPoint Legacy Theater and CenterPoint Academy offer so many awesome opportunities for not only students of Farmington High but young performers all over Davis County.