The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Swifty or not

Swifty or not

Taylor Swift’s new album has hit record charts once again, blowing millions of people’s minds away with her incredible talent. Many students spent hours on April 19th listening to ‘The Tortured Poets Department’ album on repeat. Some students say it is her best album yet, and some don’t mind it.  

Students here at Farmington High are constantly playing this new album. Senior, Maddy Anderson, states that it is her favorite album yet, she says “I love every song in Taylor’s new album, it is so good!” Whereas senior, Lexi Delight said, “I did not like her new album at all, it was so weird.” Several different opinions about these new albums going around whether it was the best or not good at all.  

A few girls spoke about their favorite song from the album ‘The Tortured Poets Department’ and why. Senior, Presley Samuelson stated “My favorite song from Taylor’s new album is ‘So Long, London,’ because it is just relatable and so good.” Then senior, Ellie Cella, tells us how her favorite song from the album is ‘Fortnight’ because the rhythm is good and the word choices she uses are so unique. Two other students said how ‘Fortnight’ is also their favorite song from the album. 

Many people would rather listen to her older albums or a different artist. Junior, Berklee Baker says “If I had to pick what to listen to, I’d either listen to her Red album or anything SZA.” As well as sophomore, Rachel Clark, said “I’d rather listen to Drake or Kanye, I do not like Taylor Swift.” Not everyone is a huge swifty and that is okay. All our differences and unique opinions are what makes us who we are! 

Whether you like Taylor or not she seemed to have a hit on her new album and surprise album!! Students will be playing her songs on repeat for the next few weeks trying to learn the beat and lyrics to these unfamiliar tunes. So, keep rocking on to whatever music you listen to Farmington High! 

Picture was taken by Maddy Anderson when she attended Taylor Swift’s concert