Students Give Solutions For Getting Hungry Before Lunch

Ashley Heaton, Reporter

Most students get hungry before lunch starts. Some are even hungry before 3rd or 7th period starts. Being hungry can cause students to lose focus in their class or not perform the best they can.

Some solutions to this problem could be moving lunch earlier. However if we moved lunch earlier students might get hungry before school is over. Another option could be having a snack period before 3 or 7 period. To figure it out you can turn to students at Farmington High. 

“I’m always hungry,” Sophomore, Nathan Holt, says. 

Boys do tend to eat a lot during their teenage years. Holt knows he would be able to focus better in class if he weren’t always hungry. However, if Holt is always hungry, then a snack break in between classes might not be the thing he needs.  

“I get so hungry. I eat between second and third period,” Sophomore, Lucy Seamons, said. 

So Seamons already kind of has a snack break. She eats before third period. This helps her to function in class better. She doesn’t have a ton of time to finish her snack though and wish that she could either have more time or finish during her class period. 

A snack break might be a great option for students who just can’t perform their hardest when their hungry in class. This might cause classes to be shorter and that’s not always the best option though. Plus there are other students like Holt who a snack break wouldn’t work because it might not be the right time for them. 

A better solution to the problem of students being hungry could be having teachers allow students to eat their classes. This could help with students like Holt and Seamons. They both would be able to function better in classes.  

Eating food in class could become a different distraction though. So the solution may just be to have a little extra time in between classes for students to eat their snacks. This might help students be more productive and be less distracted.