Students Tell Where They Want To Be At The End Of This Decade

Ashley Heaton, Reporter

This new year is a special one because it isn’t just a new year it’s a new decade. It’s fun to look back and reflect how young we were 10 years ago and how little we knew. However, it’s also fun to figure out where we think we’ll be at the end of this decade.  

“ I want to be out of med school and be working as a nurse,” sophomore, Kennadi Rupp, said.

This seems like a good thing to want to accomplish. Rupp has been looking for good nursing colleges to complete this goal by the end of the decade. She is really determined to be able to have a good job by the end of this decade and hopes that it will be being a nurse. 

Rupp also really wants to have a family. “I want to have kids by then,” Rupp said. 

This is also a really good goal. In ten years Rupp will be twenty six which is the perfect time to start a family. 

Having a family and a good job is a really good place to want to be at the end of this decade. Rupp doesn’t seem to be alone in wanting to have a job. 

“I want to have published a series of books,” sophomore, Liz Kennady, said. 

She wants to be a writer. To be able to get there she is currently practicing writing. She loves to write whenever she can. 

“ I work hard and practice writing even if it isn’t my best work,” Kennady said.

She is working hard to get where she wants to be, just like Rupp. Sounds like this decade will bring new opportunities and happy endings. This is going to be a fantastic decade.