We Say Goodbye To 2019

Kate Scott, Social Media Editor

It’s official 2020 a new year and a new decade. 2019 was a pretty good year for Farmington high. It was the first year Farmington high had a senior class graduate, first year of high school for all of the current sophomores, marked the second year of the opening of Farmington, and Farmington sports teams had a good year; boys golf and boys cross country team won state. A couple students at Farmington tell us their highlight of the year. 

“My favorite part of 2019, was when I went to Lake Powell with my family over the summer. It was so much fun we gotta go swimming, paddle boarding, and cliff jumping. It was just an overall fun trip,” Sophomore, McKenzie Hintze, said.

In an article by Matt Turner it talked about how many families were planning on going on a trip in 2019 and it was about 100 million american families. What is so crazy is some families go on more than one trip, so imagine how many people explored the world just in 2019. The trips include all year round, summer, winter, spring and fall. Another student tells us about a trip she took in 2019. 

“My favorite location I visited in 2019 was in Costa Rica. I got to go with my family in the summer. It was so beautiful there. I got to go water rafting, kayaking, surfing and got to do so many other fun things,” Sophomore, Abbey Cardon, said. 

2019 was a legendary year not only for Farmington but was a good year in general. Tons of good movies came out in 2019 some of them include: Avengers Endgame, It Chapter Two, Aladdin, Yesterday, Shazam, Joker, the Lion King and so many more. Not only did we get so many good movies but we also got Disney Plus. Disney Plus was released to the public on November 12. Disney Plus received over 10 million subscribers just on the first day. 

Some say they are glad to see 2019 go, but there are a couple of things we are all sad to see go. At the start of 2020 friends,some of the people’s favorite binge watching show was taken off of Netflix. That was pretty big but another  huge event that affected not only Paris but also the world was the Notre Dame Cathedral fire that happened back in April. The Cathedral took over 200 years to build and was finished in 1345. An additional devastating thing that happened in 2019 was the death of a Disney star actor Cameron Boyce. Cameron Boyce was well known for his acting role in Disney show Jessie. He was only 20 when he passed. 

Like most other years 2019 had its ups and downs. But it is time to start a new year. 2020.