Sophomores Can Take a Variety of Classes

Cali Layton, Staff Writer

As an incoming sophomore, there are so many possibilities to create an amazing class schedule at FHS! With one hundred and ninety-nine classes currently being offered, there’s a class for everyone. 

A typical high school class schedule is split up into five main categories- Math, Science, History, English, and electives. Over the course of your highschool experience you must complete a certain amount of credits in order to graduate. Luckily we have a variety of class choices in each section for you to choose from. 

When choosing electives, it’s important to first think about your interests, then see if there is a class that includes that interest. If you are super into the visual arts like drawing and painting, there are fifteen different art courses to choose from, including: watercolor, drawing, or even ceramics. If you love food and enjoy learning about nutrition, consider taking a health science class or be a part of the ProStart program and compete against other schools in cooking challenges.

FHS also has an array of core classes ready to be a part of your new schedule. There are regular and honors courses offered in Math and English, but there are also special courses that you can take within the two subjects like Statistics or AP Seminar. There are tons of science courses offered like chemistry and physics, but there are also less conventional classes like marine biology and ornithology.  

“I would recommend AP Biology to an incoming sophomore looking for a good class!” senior, Rachel Braithwaite said.

“I would recommend Marine Biology with Professor Blundell.” senior, Brady Gertsch said.

When considering what courses to add into your schedule, make sure to include classes that you need to graduate, but also take fun classes! It’ll make your time in high school so much more fun!  

**Click here to view the full course catalog for FHS.