Students’ Favorite Rides at Lagoon

Jessica John, Student Life Reporter

The best part about living so close to an amusement park is being able to go whenever you want. Even though Lagoon isn’t Utah’s only amusement park, it’s definitely the most well-known and the busiest. The rides, shows, games, haunted houses, and food are all great reasons to visit the park.

Lagoon has a total of 55 rides. Each one has its own unique track and each will give a different experience. A lot of the rides are super fun and kid-friendly, but there are definitely some that aren’t meant for the faint of heart.

One of the most popular rides is Cannibal and it’s no wonder why. Cannibal has it all: a stomach-wrenching drop, several loop-de-loops, and a winding track.

“Cannibal is my favorite because I was a test rider on it and that first drop is legendary,” senior, Drew Stevens said.

I don’t know how you sign up to be a test rider but that could be something to add to your bucket list.

“My favorite would have to be Cannibal because of how unique it is. Like, it’s slow and allows you to feel all of the twists and turns,” senior, Danny White said.

Even if you’re not a fan of big crazy roller coasters there are plenty of chill rides. The bumper cars are always fun. And if you’re looking for a really easy-going ride, the sky ride is a great one to just relax and get a good view of the park from above.

But if you take the time to go to Lagoon, chances are you’re looking for a thrill, and the Rocket has a huge drop, but is super fun and will definitely get your adrenaline pumping.

“My favorite ride at Lagoon is probably Rocket because it’s so thrilling and high. I love the view at the top, and the feeling of free-falling is so fun,” senior, Aaliyah Yates said.

Because of the wide variety of rides, there is something for everyone to enjoy and it’s definitely worth a visit.