School Counselors are Saving the World

Ty Miller, Student Life Reporter

Here at FHS, many students turn to their counselors for direction and clarity for the future. Counselors can help students create goals, create a strong mental health status, and progress towards college. Farmington’s counselors are known around the state as being the most helpful administrators in the district.

“Being a counselor to me is being able to help kids when they are struggling and helping students achieve their dreams… I love helping them to navigate their next steps in life,” counselor, Andrea Holbrook, said.

Mrs. Holbrook expresses the sincere feelings that she feels towards helping fellow students. Counselors can help students become better people and more resourceful for humanity. It is every counselor’s passion to inspire students.

“Counselors help students with mental health, career counseling… I am trying to help kids find the career that they are looking for,” counselor, Anthony Smith, said.

All that Mr. Smith aspires for is student success and happiness. Many people only think counselors are in the school just to annoy you about bad grades, change your schedule, and punish kids for bad behavior, but this is all a lie.

“I love working with people and connecting to people… being a counselor means making students happy and feel like they are heard,” counselor, Mrs. Naan, said.

When students feel like there is no one to turn to, there is always a counselor with a smiling face there to help at all times. You can turn to counselors for any issues in your life. You can even talk to your counselors about things that you are proud of, or if you just need someone to talk to. A counselor is not only a school administrator, but a good friend here to make your high school experience better and make your future brighter.