Ja Morant’s Unbelievable Season

Treyden Schow, Sports Reporter

Many NBA fans had not heard the name Ja Morant, or vaguely remembered hearing it last season, but after this season everyone has heard the name Ja Morant. Ja Morant is the starting point guard for the Memphis Grizzlies this season. He was drafted in the 2019 NBA draft in the first round, second overall just behind Zion Williamson, who was predicted to be the next Lebron James or Michael Jordan of the NBA. Even though their stats are remarkably similar as of this season Ja Morant is the one making headlines night after night.

“Oh yeah, I know Ja Morant. He is killing it this season,” sophomore, Tage Schow, said.

Ja Morant has had a large number of memorable plays and nights with the Grizzlies, and NBA prospects will go back and forth arguing his best blocks, plays, and dunks but overall, they all show how outstanding of a player Ja Morant really is. One play that has been engraved into Grizzlies fan’s memories is Ja Morant’s massive two-handed block against the lakers. During the play, Ja Morant turns the ball over on the offensive end of the court which results in a quick fast break for the Lakers. As their point guard paces the court and loses his defender, Ja Morant trails him from behind and blocks the layup with both hands. He also has many memorable dunks where he has absolutely posterized big man after big man, beating them to the basket with a massive slam.

“My favorite Ja Morant play is probably when he jumped over Kevin Love even though he missed the dunk,” junior, Collin Wright, said.

Not only does Ja Morant make absurd plays but he also puts up big numbers. His highest scoring game this season is a 52-point game which is crazy because many NBA legends struggle to score that many points in a single game. Even if you are not a Grizzlies fan, you should be watching Ja Morant to see what he does next.