Who is Your Spider-Man?

Alexander Gray, Arts and Entertainment Reporter

Ever since Tom Holland’s release of Spider-Man in 2017, there has been a debate who the best Spider-Man is. The three candidates are Tom Holland, Tobey Maguire, and Andrew Garfield. All three star in their own separate Spider-Man movies. All three of the movie series were big hits and made a lot of money for the companies it was produced by. One of the biggest factors of deciding on who is your Spider-Man is how old you were when the movie was released. People that were around 15 in 2002 are more likely to favor Tobey Maguire versus kids who are around 15 in 2020 are more likely to favor Tom Holland. There are also just people who have gone back and watched all of them and have decided from there. So far, Tom Holland’s newest Spider-Man: No Way home has made the most money at a whopping $787,810,538.

I asked students here at FHS who their favorite Spider-Man is. Here is what they said.

“Tom Holland is the best because he is the funniest and the most entertaining to watch. He is also the cutest,” sophomore, Maren Glassey, said. 

With her being younger, this makes sense because that is who she is watching in her teenage years.

“I am a big Marvel fan, so I have watched all of the Spider-Mans. They are all extremely good and each one of them are special in their own way. Even due  to popular demand, I have come to the conclusion that Tobey Maguire is the best Spider-Man. He is a great actor and really played the role amazingly,” junior Gavin Wanner, said.

Although he is younger, he still likes the older Spider-Man. You should always go back and watch previous versions of the movie you love.

“Marvel does not matter to me. I don’t really watch Spider-Man, but I do love Tom Holland because of his personality and how funny he is. I have learned this from watching interviews and just following him on social media,” sophomore, Peyton Hunt, said. 

Tom Holland does have the biggest social media presence and it is by far the funniest. The people who generally don’t watch Spider-Man like Tom Holland just because of how famous he is.

In conclusion, kids here at FHS like every single Spider-Man. The ones who have taken the time to go back and watch them generally like the older versions of Spider-Man. Right now, I think Tom Holland is the most famous and well known. He has all of the charisma and personality. The others are very good versions of Spider-Man, but I think Tom Holland takes the cake.