Lagoon, is it Worth it?

Kimball Naccarato, Student Life Reporter

With summer around the corner, Lagoon will open all the way soon, with it already being open just on the weekends. Just like all amusement parks, they are expensive, but is Lagoon worth the price? Are the attractions and rides there worth getting passes for this summer? I asked around our school to get some insights on whether or not you should add Lagoon to your summer bucket list.

“Now I have only gone to lagoon a couple times some years ago and my parents bought the passes, so the prices didn’t really affect me. But I’ve heard they are pretty expensive for a day pass. Personally, I liked their rides and even some of their food there, but I don’t think I would ever spend that amount of money for one day at Lagoon,” senior, Jessica Haviland, said.

For a day pass at the Lagoon park, it is around $80. Since the park is only open on the weekends, this means more crowds as there are not a lot of days to spread out all the people that go and the park closes earlier than it would in the summer, so is it still worth it to buy a pass before it opens all the way?

“I have gotten a season pass before, which I think if you are going to Lagoon this summer, that is the way to go. It is about the price of buying two day passes so as long as you go more than that throughout the summer, you get your money’s worth. If you get a season pass, then I think Lagoon is worth it, as their rides are pretty fun and it is something to do during the summer, but a day pass is not worth the amount of money it is,” junior, Jordan Ellis, said.

Season passes to Lagoon are around $180, but as Jordan said, as long as you go more than two times, you’ll get your money’s worth and then it might be worth it to pay the big price to Lagoon.

“I say it is worth it if you have friends to go with, but don’t spend your money on it if you have no one to go with, because I think it is a lot of money and not that great of a place. Usually always crowded. The one thing I would say is worth it though, is frightmares. I would get a day pass during frightmares,” senior, Brooke Jonhnson, said. 

From the few responses we got, it seems like if you are looking into going to Lagoon for the summer or during the spring season, you better be prepared to pay the price. Buying the season pass might save you money and you’ll always have something to do or lean back on during the summer, but it is expensive. As for getting a day pass…sounds like just don’t do it.