Students Give Thanks to Their Favorite Teachers

Abbie Painter, Student Life Reporter

Teachers are the ones who make the school run and I think sometimes they can be under-appreciated for all the extra efforts and hours they put in so that their students can succeed. Farmington High has some of the best teachers in the state.

I asked students what teacher they are most thankful for and why. 

“Mrs. Weaver because she loves the students and she cares about things other than just school and she’s a homie,” junior, Mitch Nielsen, said.

I think we can all agree that the TikTok queen Mrs. Weaver wins the award for most school spirit. I remember my sophomore year before state basketball she showed all the students when to cheer and how to cheer for the team. She had a PowerPoint and everything, it was awesome.  

There are always those teachers that care so much about their students and can form a bond with each of them individually. This makes students feel cared about and therefore willing to work harder.

“Maren Conolly. She’s been my MAPS teacher throughout all 3 years of high school and I couldn’t have asked for a better teacher to start and finish high school with. She genuinely cares about each one of us and our future goals. She’s most definitely a friend I’ll have after I graduate & is for sure getting an invite to my future wedding,” senior, Kenzie Russon, said.

We all have those teachers that we hope will always be a part of our lives, for me that person is Mrs. Porter. She is so genuine and loves her students so much. She constantly goes above and beyond for her students. I love her constant sense of humor and positivity.

“I am thankful for Mrs. Porter because she has been the teacher who has helped me the most with what classes I should take and has helped me figure out what works best for me,” senior, Preston Cooper, said. 

Thank you, teachers, for all of the hours and energy you put into educating us and for helping shape us into the people we are and will continue to be. We love and appreciate you.