Fun in Farmington: Halloween

Charli Merrill, Student Life Reporter

We’re now over halfway through October and It’s that time of year again. New fallen leaves, pumpkin spice, hair-raising decor, hot chocolate. With Halloween coming into full swing, here is a list of 5 fun things around Farmington to get you in the spooky spirit.

As you all know, Lagoon does Frightmares every year, which has many autumn attractions like a seance show, haunted houses, and candy walk-throughs for younger kids. If you already own tickets, this is a great option. Day passes cost around $90 per passport. More Frightmares info here.

In a decorating mood? Target sells heaps of different spooky gingerbread houses all under $15 that are customizable and most come pre-assembled. 

Pumpkin carving is a classic halloween pastime. Luckily, we have Pack farms closeby on Glover’s Lane, just past the school. They sell varieties of pumpkins and squash. Prices range from $1 each to 35 cents a pound, and they’re open 10am-8pm Monday-Saturday. 

KSL launched a Halloween locations map which shows you all of the extravagantly-decorated houses in Utah. Grabbing a cup of hot chocolate and going to see all of the spine-chilling sights is fun and entertaining, while still remaining cost-effective. 

Lastly, The Hogle Zoo lights up their park at night for families to come and walk through the different displays. They call it “Boo Lights”, and It opens 6:30-9:00 on select dates in October. Tickets cost $13-$17.

Hopefully some of these activities help you scare up a little fun this year.