Nixelle Nation: On their way to state

Emma Kaholoaa, Student Life Reporter

At Farmington High School, we have an incredible drill team called the Nixelles. They have been doing an outstanding job and they are on the road to State Championships. 

The Nixelles have overall been doing amazing these past couple of years especially for the school only being open for the 5th year now. In 2022, they were 6A region 1 champions, in 2021 and 2020, they were 5A state champions. They have been sweeping the floor every year! 

We talked to some girls on the Nixelles and asked them some questions about this season. 

“This season is doing okay. We are still winning but I feel like we could be performing better.” Senior, Marina Perovich, said.

Nixelles placed 3rd at region this year but they are still performing to the best of their ability and working hard every day! 

The girls are prepping for state championships and are getting excited to perform!

“I am most excited for the calm moment when all is done, after we walk off the floor for the last time, all we have is each other and that’s all we need” Junior, Bo Holland said. 

She talked about how no matter the outcome of the championships, they have each other. They either win together or they learn together. 

This team of girls are extremely close and basically family! 

Drill state championships are on February 4th and it’s being held at Utah Valley University. The drill team could really use our encouragement! It can make a huge difference to go and support the Nixelles at their performances. 

“We need the support of our Nixelle nation! It makes the biggest difference knowing we have an army backing us up when we put ourselves in such a nerve-racking, vulnerable situation like performing at state championships.” Bo stated. 

To keep updated on what’s going on with the Nixelles and their competitions, you can follow @farmingtonnixelles on Instagram!