Prom: Overrated or Not?

Emma Kaholoaa, Student Life

The end of the school year can be a scary and stressful time. But as the school year comes to an end a lot of people have one thing on their mind: Prom. 

Students start to ask their friends/partners to prom, and some even get asked right after the sweethearts dance. But many students have different opinions on the matter. 

“I think school dances are fun because you get to go with friends and everyones there having a good time and the activities leading up to it are also fun,” senior, Colton Johnson, said. 

For a lot of students high school dances are a fun way to hangout with friends and party. 

“I would encourage sophomores to go to school dances. I think you should make the best out of your high school experience so if you have the chance to go I would say do it and have fun!” senior, Macie Mcrae, said. 

Macie also talks about how school dances are super fun because it’s just like going to parties. And she would go to any dance even if she did not have a date. For some people, school dances are the best part of the year and love to go to every single dance they can, even if they just go with their friends. 

But on the other hand, some students believe that dances are not fun and they would rather spend their Saturday nights differently. 

“I think dances are overrated because I feel like there are a lot more things to do than pay to go to a school gym and listen to boring music,” senior, Evee Engebos, said. 

Evee also expresses that she thinks it would honestly be more fun to go to dances with a group of friends rather than a date. But in the end dances are just not for her but thinks it could be a lot of fun for other people. 

Students have different opinions on school dances and have different experiences depending on their interests. Farmington High School’s prom is on April 22nd at SnowBasin resort. Are you going this year?