College Decisions?

College+Decisions%3F

Emma Kaholoaa, Student Life Reporter

Graduation is officially a month away and Farmington High seniors are starting to prepare for the next chapter of their lives. 

Most seniors are now thinking about college. Choosing where you will be living and spending all your time for the next 4 or more years of your life is a big decision you need to make!  But how do we decide where to go? 

The first step Farmington Students need to decide is whether or not they are staying in Utah. 

“I’m going to the University of Utah because I get in-state tuition and I can stay closer to home at least for the first year while I’m getting used to college” Senior, Ryann Franich, said. 

Ryann also talks about how she chose the UofU because it has amazing medical programs and she can easily go home on the weekends.

There is a long list of benefits of staying in state for college. Some include lower cost of attendance, more comfortable and familiar environment, being closer to home and family. But not everyone feels the same about staying close to home.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

“I committed to Colorado Mesa University, mostly for the culture and community but also the campus is super nice and I’m excited to experience a different environment,” Senior, Sophie Wendt, said. 

Sophie also touched on how she would consider staying in Utah because she would be close to her family and she would be more comfortable but she’s overall excited to experience something new and meet new people. 

Although staying in your home state can be more comfortable, there is also a long list of advantages to going out of state. You’ll become more independent, you’ll experience a new culture and atmosphere, and you’ll have a wider variety of universities to choose from.

No matter where you go for college you can make the best of your experience and be able to start the next chapter of your life.