The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Building Farmington High Schools Fall Sports Legacy

A look back over the last 5 years.

Football: Football has left a great legacy on Farmington High School! Since the school’s opening, we’ve made the playoffs every season and made the state semi-finals in the 22-23 season! The impact that football has had in showing the state who we are since opening has affected many of the sports here at Farmington! The legacy and tradition that Coach Coats has created from nothing since the school opened have impacted everyone who has played in or gone to a football game by having a strong family unit within the team.

Girls Volleyball: This Girl’s volleyball team has had a lot of ups and downs but has always stayed consistent. One thing they did to add to our short-lived legacy was in the 19-20, they went 28-2, going undefeated in the region. Shortly thereafter, they made an amazing run in the state playoffs, going all the way to the championship game against Mountain View but losing in a close battle and being named state runner-up. Girls volleyball has added so much to Farmington’s legacy and will be sure to contribute more.

Girls Soccer: Other than our first year as a high school the girls soccer team has never had a losing record in region play. and more notably made it to the state championship game in 22-23, but sadly came short losing to our cross-town rival davis high. Despite this the coaches have created a great tradition and unity among the soccer team making us a very unique team compared to other in our region. What they’ve contributed has changed our legacy forever.