Students Give Lunchtime Tips For Farmington High

Ily Brimhall, Club editor

Here at Farmington High School, students have tons of lunch options. You can go out or stay in, to start. But once you are out of the busy parking lot, what’s next? Here’s some tips and tricks on how to get the most of your lunch time.

The first tip is if you are going out. Over 70% percent of the student body eats out on a daily basis, but a lot of them are also coming late to class because lines at restaurants are long and full of hungry high school students. Something that can save you over half hour of lines is ordering online! This has helped so many students. The fastest time of getting to the school and back with food is currently 12 minutes, and that’s through mobile ordering. It’s easy! Download your favorite restaurant app onto your phone and connect it with a payment method (Or pay in the school) and you’re good! Skip the long anxious line and go straight to picking up your food. This can also guarantee a good parking spot ahead of the crowd once returning to the school.

“It changed my life for the better. I don’t have to wait in line and I can pay on my phone. It made getting lunch a lot easier and now I have more time to spend with my friends!” Sophomore, Kailey Hall, said.

Another help for getting your lunch fast is something you can’t really choose, your classes. Having a nice class right before lunch that is close to the parking lot or that lets you out early can be the difference between the beginning of a line, or the end. If you are lucky, you’ll also have a relaxed class after so being late after those long lines isn’t a big rush.

What makes lunch so fun? Most likely who you spend it with. Taking your friends to lunch with you can be so much fun- as long as they brought their wallet right? Hopefully. Here at Farmington, lunch is at the same time for everyone. This means that if you’ve got sophomore, senior, or junior friends, you can take them all with you. Bringing up the next tip- carpooling. With limited parking at restaurants and only a few minutes to get out of the lot here at FHS, carpooling can help save gas and time. If everyone brought their own cars to lunch, it would take hours just to get through the stoplight on the way to food. Taking people to lunch with you can be so fun so why not drive together? The more the merrier! This is another reason why Lunch is a popular favorite part of the day for many high schoolers.

“Eating with friends is my favorite part about lunch” Junior, Nate Nield, said.

Those 40 minutes you get for lunch are extremely valuable, so make it worth it! Hopefully some of these things will help you save time so you get the most out of every day.