The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Movie Review-Napoleon

Movie Review-Napoleon

Napoleon is an apple film that recalls the life of Napoleon Bonaparte.Currently on Google, the film has a whopping 2.2 stars out of 5. On the tomatometer the film has a 58%. 

In the beginning of the movie we see Marie Antoinette paying a visit to the guillotine. In my opinion this wasn’t enough context for the french revolution. Yes, some already know how the French revolution started but it would’ve been better if we got at least a 5 minute run down instead of incredibly disgusting headless Marie Antoinette gore. Though the guillotine scene sets the rundown for the rest of the movie.

“If I could explain Napoleon in 3 words it would be war, blood, and you know the other one.” Senior, Mele Cadenas said.

I do like the visual history of Napoleon. It showed different parts of Napoleon, even if it wasn’t that historically accurate it does bring attention to the fact Napoleon Bonaparte had feelings. Just like any other human he loved someone, he missed her, and he even hated her for a bit. The letters did bring lots of life to the movie

The one big problem for lots of people who watched the movie would be the explicit scenes. They were rabid and unnecessary. I went into the theater expecting to see awesome battle scenes but came out traumatized.

“I did not like one second of the movie, I checked my phone 3 times to see when it would end.” Senior, Keilani Taua said. 

If this movie was good it would’ve been 1 hour and 30 minutes and no scenes of a horse dying with its guts coming out.