The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

To Game or Not to Game

To Game or Not to Game

You will often see students at Farmington high school playing games, either on their computer or phone. 

Schools have tried their best to stop this by blocking websites, however there are still many websites where students can go on to play games. Students generally go on their phone when they don’t feel like working or when they have already finished with their work.

“If there’s a time when i know i can checkout then i am on my phone, I feel like I’m more attentive later on.” Junior, Chloe Davis said.

School can be stressful for many students at Farmington high, having something they can do there to take their mind off assignments can really help them to do those assignments later. When the students were asked if they played games during class all that were interviewed told us they did.

“Absolutely like literally every second of my life” Junior, Ciel Hansen said.

Because so many students like playing games in their free time at school, many of them shared with us what games they liked to play the best. We found many different games that students liked to play while at school.

“Any that like just you enjoy i guess, i feel like it varies on the person” Sophomore, Henry Kimoto said.

With so many students turning to playing games at school, many of the teachers and districts have tried many different ways to stop it. Hoping that maybe it will help students to better pay attention. Although many of the teachers don’t like students playing games while they are in class it seems that gaming is here to stay.