The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Throwback Glamour: Celebrities In Vintage

Vintage fashion has made a major comeback in recent years, and celebrities are embracing this timeless style with flair.

From red carpet events to casual outings, famous faces are rocking vintage pieces and turning heads wherever they go. 

“Personally I think it’s kind of fun! They are taking old things and giving them a new purpose.” Senior, Mylee Mendenhall said.

Celebrities like Blake Lively, Rihanna, and Kate Moss have been spotted in stunning vintage gowns, channeling the glamor of old hollywood. Vintage accessories, such as statement jewelry and retro handbags, are also making a big statement on the fashion scene. The appeal of vintage lies in its uniqueness and the story behind each piece.

“Zendaya’s ability to serve look after look shows no sign of letting up, demonstrated in the vintage Vivienne Westwood set that she wore to promote her new tennis flick.” Vogue journalist, Emily Chan said.

There’s something so thrilling about curating a look that combines the best of the past with a modern twist, along with the exciting unexpected combinations, and the refreshing creative approach to fashion all together.

Such big name celebrities repping the vintage fashion style gets the people talking, and we can see the trends begin to spring up all over the world.

“I think it’s cool to see old trends come back in a new way. Many old style trends are coming back in new ways people would have never expected!” Senior, Kelsey Dearden said.

By wearing vintage, celebrities not only showcase their fashion-forward sensibilities but also promote sustainability and the importance of recycling fashion.

Next time you’re looking for fashion inspiration, take a cue from your favorite celebrities and explore the world of vintage fashion!