The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Oldies But Goodies: Old Movies That Hit Different

Summer is coming, ok so i guess it’s basically here. There’s always those nights in the months of May-August where you have been doing summer shenanigans all day and just need a break. Whether you’ve been swimming, boating, doing yard work, etc, here are some good old movies that hit different.  

Sophomore Colby Tucker’s recommendation for old movies is anything comedy. 

“I love old movies, especially comedies. Old comedy movies just make everyone laugh really hard. My favorite old comedy movie is “Zoolander”. I highly recommend it.” Stated sophomore Colby Tucker. 

Zoolander is a very funny movie that many people love and enjoy. Now go and put it on your list of old movies to watch. 

Sophomore Callie Turner highly suggests old Disney movies with one specific movie in mind. 

“Old Disney movies are top tier, but my personal favorite is “The Game Plan “. It mainly just reminds me of my childhood and I like the time in which it takes place. Stated sophomore Callie Turner 

Old movies are really good but they can also remind us of memories from when we were young, not only that but remind our parents of memories from when they were young. Old movies can bring not only your friends but also family together and I hope that’s what you plan on doing this summer. 

Down below will be a huge list of old movies for you, your friends, and your family to enjoy this summer. 

Oldies but Goodies :

-My Girl   -Fried Green Tomatoes   -A Wonderful Life   -Forrest Gump   -What About Bob?

-The Sandlot   -Breakfast At Tiffany’s   10 Things I Hate About You   -Hold That Ghost  

-Signing In the Rain   -Princess Bride   -Almost Famous   -Roman Holiday   -Kiss Me Kate

-Adventures of The Babysitters   -13 Going on 30   -Ferris Bueller’s Day Off   -A River Runs Through It   -12 Angry Men   -The Sound of Music   -Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

-Mary Poppins   -West Side Story   -Jaws   -My Big Fat Greek Wedding   -Oceans Eleven 

*If you have a favorite old movie that wasn’t listed make sure to comment it in the comment  section.