Social Media

Kaden DuPaix

Social+Media

Livia Olson, Arts and Entertainment Reporter

Social media is a major part of today’s society. Most teenagers have it and are very involved in the internet world. As we get older, we realize more aspects pertaining to social media. There are so many good things that can be accomplished through multiple platforms of social media. People can share positive messages, keep people updated on their lives and so much more. However, with all the positives come the negatives. Social media can be a big time waster, cause issues with confidence and portray unrealistic expectations.

“The pros of social media are you can find out what your friends are doing and you can make new friends on it… The cons of social media are that it takes up too much time,” sophomore, Boston Anderson, said.

When asked about social media, most students both like and use it while still acknowledging the bad that comes with it.

When asked about how social media impacts their time, many students shared the problem that it causes procrastination and is a major time waster.

“Social media impacts my time by wasting it a lot, like when I’m on TikTok I scroll for hours on end,” junior, Wilson Portlock, said. 

So how do we solve this problem as a generation? It is very important to learn time management skills–especially with all the time wasters we have available at our fingertips. One thing that is very useful in making sure our time is spent well is making a plan for the day. Schedule out when you plan to do school work, exercise, and make time to relax.

When it is used appropriately, social media can be one of the best tools we have!