The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Is It Summer Yet??

Is It Summer Yet??

Summer is just around the corner, and there are so many exciting things to look forward to and do during this sunny season. 

Whether  you’re planning a vacation or staying close to home, here are some ideas to keep your summer 

exciting.

If you’re a thrill seeker, amusement parks are the perfect summer destination. Get your adrenaline pumping on roller coasters, enjoy delicious fair food, and create lasting memories with friends and family.

“I grew up going to Lagoon with family and friends and it is still one of my favorite places to go during the summer!” Sophomore, Claire Crockett said.

Summer is also the season for outdoor concerts and festivals. From music festivals to local outdoor performances, there’s always a lively atmosphere and great tunes to enjoy. Dance the night away under the stars and let the music fill your soul.

For nature lovers, hiking and camping are fantastic options. Explore scenic trails, set up camp under the stars, and reconnect with the great outdoors. Don’t forget to pack marshmallows for a classic campfire treat!

Lastly, summer is a great time to try new hobbies or learn something new. Take up photography, learn to rock climb, or even start a garden. The possibilities are endless, and the summer months offer the perfect opportunity to dive into new experiences.

“Taking a step back from screens to try new things can be more challenging than most would think, but it will for sure allow you to have the most fulfilling summer yet.” Journalist at The EveryGirl, Ashley Selleke said.

So, get ready to embrace the sunshine, adventure, and endless possibilities of summer. It’s time to make memories, have fun, and create some amazing stories to tell!