Summer Shenanigans

Summer+Shenanigans

Ben Van Noy, Student Life Reporter

Summer is just within reach, sophomores, juniors, and seniors alike are itching for this school year to be done. Some say it has gone by fast, others claim it has felt like forever, but no one can deny the fact that summer is looking better every day. The weather is getting warmer, fashion is changing, and people are planning their vacations. But what are students looking forward to the most?

“I’m honestly done with the rainy weather. I just want to go boating and chill in the warm weather,” senior, Jace Haven, said.

The warm weather does indeed open up an array of possibilities that just weren’t viable with overcast and rainy weather. In my experience, summer is a huge wave of relief. Having just completed school and barely making it out alive, the feeling can be described as rapturous. From being stressed out 24/7 to having no responsibilities, you never want it to end. 

But alas, the feeling does not remain, as the weeks go by you start to run out of ideas and things to do with your friends. After going on hikes, swimming, shopping, playing at the park, bike rides, and all your other typical summer activities, it feels like there’s nothing else to do. 

“There’s a certain point in your summer vacation that all your values betray you, and you start to want to go back to school,” junior, Bryson Hall, said.

This is very much blasphemy in the eyes of a burnt out student who is struggling to finish the end of their senior year. But I won’t deny I’ve been victim to the very same feeling as Byrson. I think it’s because we tend to look back on school with rose tinted glasses and fail to remember those emotional nights where it felt like the world was crashing down. But then again, school isn’t all that bad, but it’s just impossible not to look forward to summer.