The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Bye Bye Summit!

Bye Bye Summit!

This upcoming school year we get to say goodbye to Summit. There are several different emotions and opinions that come with this change. While some students are pleased with this change some students are not fans of it. There were many pros and cons that came with the summit program, students and staff here at Farmington High are going to tell us how they feel about this upcoming change.

A few students shared their thoughts on the whole thing. Farmington sophomore Hank Hatch says “I’m happy that we won’t have a summit next year, PFA’s were so hard and would make me fall behind.” Whereas sophomore Brandon Barus said “I am mad, I liked Summit and being able to get ahead in my classes.” We have several different opinions brewing at Farmington High about Summit leaving next school year, but the majority are excited about the change.

Many of the students have heard several different reasons for summit leaving, while no one knows for sure, Vice Principal Mr. Feller explained to us what the real reasoning is. He states “Summit Learning is run by a company called Gradient Learning. Gradient Learning made the decision to eliminate the Summit Platform and move to canvas, so we had the choice to either switch to Canvas, or make our own, so we decided to make our own because a lot of teachers are already on Canvas.” Students are blaming teachers and staff for this change, but Mr. Feller assures us that “It is coming from Gradient Learning, it’s not anything that happened here at the school or in the community.”

Both sad and happy students going into next year with Summit leaving. Although everyone has their own reasonings and opinions it is nice to know the actual reason for this change. The students will learn how to adapt using the learning platform in the school years to come.