The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Food Review: The Big Dipper

Food Review: The Big Dipper

During the SunDance Film Festival, I traveled up to Park City. I didn’t have tickets for any of the shows, so I just walked on Main Street. While my main street lap was done, my friends and I decided it was time to eat. Everywhere we had in mind had 45- to 1-hour wait times. If you ever decide to come to Park City during the Sundance Film Festival, I would advise you to reserve a time for wherever you want to eat.

We went back up Main Street and found a small sandwich shop. Big Dipper. They have 4.5 stars on Yelp. Many describe Big Dipper as a great place to eat after skiing because of its friendly environment and quick service.

Big Dipper specializes in French dip sandwiches. Along with their French dip sandwiches, they also have soups and salads. I ordered the Seoul-ed Out, and my friend had ordered the Find Me Dippin’ In Da Club.

The Seoul-ed Out was a more Korean-inspired sandwich. It contained beef, kimchi, a fried egg, kalbi, scallions, yakisoba noodles, bean sprouts, and sesame-ginger mayo, and the dip was ramen broth. Just the sandwich alone was amazing. All the flavors worked perfectly together. The kimchi provided a bitter crunch, while the tender beef filled your mouth with savory flavors. The broth alone was really salty, but with the sandwich, the meat had absorbed it well, which balanced out the saltiness.

The Find Me Dippin’ In Da Club had the perfect amount of serving for each ingredient. That included chicken breast, bacon, cheddar cheese, avocado, mayonnaise, bibb lettuce, and tomato, and the dipping sauce was creamy chicken soup. The sandwich was amazing, but the dipping sauce might have sold the show for the meal. At first, I didn’t know what the soup was, so while I was thinking of the flavors, the closest thing I could compare it to would be potato soup. I did not realize that it was chicken soup. Nevertheless, the soup was creamy and filling.

The meal also included fries and a drink. The fries were amazing. I think the seasoning on the fries is Cajun seasoning or something close to that.

I, along with others, highly recommend coming here. The sandwiches are out of this world, and I would say the same for the fries and soup. Although the price is high, the value is most definitely worth it.