The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Hall Monitor Clearing Halls

Farmington High School has recently welcomed a new friend to our halls. His name is Justin, and his job is to keep the students of FHS in class and out of the halls. Many of the students are very frustrated and annoyed with Justin and his efforts at keeping students in class.  

Students express their feelings with our new friend Justin. Sophomore, Said Farmanov, stated that “I think it is annoying, I can’t even use the bathroom without being told to hurry back to class.” While another student senior, Maggie Peterson, said “My teacher sent me to go get him something from another teacher and I was stopped in the hall and interrogated by the hall monitor, he kept asking if I was lying when I told him what I was doing, it was very frustrating and annoying.” The hall monitor is great and all, but he needs to realize that not all students are slacking off when they are in the hallways of our school.  

Many students are confused as to why we even have a hall monitor, they told us some of their thoughts. Senior, Charley Van Sweden, said “I think we have a hall monitor because of Mitch and his interviews.” While sophomore, Said Farmanov, said that “we have a hall monitor because of all the kids ditching class and hanging out in the halls like me.” While students have their suspicions, Principal Whittaker tells us the real reason why we have a new hall monitor. He says, “We have a hall monitor because kids like to skip class, and we want them succeed and graduate, so we are encouraging them to go and stay in class.” 

While the students are not happy that we have a hall monitor, Principal Whittaker explains to us the reasoning behind why our friend Justin was hired, to help us better understand. With this information we can see why Justin keeps us on our toes moving to class quickly and “with haste” as he always says.