The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

The Best Winter Date Ideas!

The Best Winter Date Ideas!

With Valentines Day this week Farmington High students have been going on more dates recently but are struggling to come up with cheaper date ideas! 

While it is Winter there are limited options for date ideas, most students believe bowling is the best date idea in winter, we will see what ideas different students have for a fun but cheap date idea! 

There are many date activities to do in Winter, but most are expensive. Lots of students here at Farmington High are on some type of budget which stops them from taking people on dates. Here are some ideas, if you don’t have a tight budget, that some students have done. Senior Bridget Maxwell says, “I’ve enjoyed candle making at the Wick Lab, and making rings at the Gem Studio.” senior Blake Kalt says “The best winter dates are going to Flowrider, and going to the Ice Castles!” Those are on the pricier side but are so worth it! 

Most teenagers do not have $100 to drop on a date, so we asked some students what cheaper date ideas they have. Sophomore, Tucker Huntzinger says “Ice skating, sledding and riding scooters around Salt Lake City, are all cheaper date ideas I have loved.” While sophomore Tommy Deeds tells us his favorites. “My favorite winter dates are going to a movie on $5 Tuesday, watching the sunset, and roller skating at Classic Fun Center!” These ideas are perfect for the students wanting to save some money! 

Every student’s budget is different, these winter date ideas range verily, hopefully these help you with things to do within your budget. These are a reminder that bowling isn’t the only thing to do in winter! Whether you drop a bag or don’t spend a cent, just remember to treat your date right!