The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Bows or Headbands?

Bows or Headbands?

In recent fashion trends there are many hair accessories including bows and headbands. As we see more and more bows and headbands in our highschool halls we come to think, which do the people prefer? The dainty feminine look of bows or the useful put together look of headbands?

“I prefer bows more than headbands. I just think it works with more hairstyles.” Sophomore Lucy Seamous stated.

Lucy has a really good point about bows. Bows can be worn in so many different ways, different colors, and even in different sizes. There is so much diversity in bows that you can include them in any hairstyle and any outfit. 

“I just think bows are cuter.” Sophomore Katlyn Kitchen said.

On the other hand Headbands can quickly fix hair that is greasy and frizzy. Headbands are stylish while being functionable.

Sophomore Lucy Seamous also stated. “I only wear headbands when my hair is greasy and no other time.”

The hard thing about headbands is that they only look good with a small number of hairstyles and outfits. The majority of students wear headbands with their hair down, but not everyday can be hair down day. 

Now that we have seen a snippet of a high school girl’s perspective of what they would prefer, let’s look at what a highschool boy may like more. 

“I like headbands more, they just look better on my girlfriend.“ Sophomore Peyton Wall sayed.

Some students like Peyton might just think that bows or headbands look better on different people. There is no specific reason that he prefers one over the other, it’s just what looks better. 

Both bows and headbands are fashionable, have different strengths and weaknesses, and are worn by students at FHS. When it comes down to it it’s honestly just personal preference and what looks better on you! So what’s your personal preference? Bows or Headbands?