The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Students Making Academic Comebacks of the Year

Wow, about 2 weeks left of the school year and I’m starting to notice this is one of the craziest times of the year, definitely for the students who have fallen victim to the allure of procrastination. And then, but only then, does the chapter of The Academic Comeback begin.

The phrase is thrown around whether it’s at the end of the term, the end of the year, or maybe simply after bombing a chemistry test, but what does it really even mean? “An academic comeback is when a student freeloads for the majority of the semester until they suddenly make amazing grades that save their GPA just before the semester ends.” Urban Dictionary said.

So basically it’s a strategy, probably one of the most applied strategies at Farmington High School.

“I mean sure the anxiety escalates but in the end the academic comeback always pulls through so it’s ok.” Senior, Lily Torman said.

Not ideal but hey, look I get it, some of you guys are more productive when it comes down to the wire and that rush of adrenaline is the only thing keeping you going. And it happens to be just enough to get done what’s needed to get done, and at that point embrace it, it keeps things exciting!

In the end confidence is key right? “Currently I’m a failure, but not for long.” Junior, Landon Lilly said.

We do what we gotta do in order to pass and sometimes the plan of being caught up and up to pace in class falls apart and we’re left with the only option of making the greatest academic comeback of the year. So good luck to all of our students out there, do your best and power through, we are so close to the finish line!