The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Senior Cotillion Dress Trends

Senior Cotillion Dress Trends

This Year at Senior Cotillion Farmington High students came serving looks. Many of this year’s attendees expressed that finding the right thing to wear was a struggle but evidently, things worked out in the end.
“I didn’t know what to wear for weeks. Short or long, spark no sparkle, ruffles no ruffles? It was difficult to know if I was overdoing it or not.” Senior, Brooklyn Bement, said.
Knowing exactly how dressed up to get is always a struggle with Farmington High dances. There tend to be a lot of different definitions of “formal.”
“I heard it was formal, so I had been looking at gowns but then I found out that half the school was wearing sundresses, so I had to change plans.” Senior, Bethany Jenson, said.
When we got to the dance itself, there was a variety of different dresses, suits, vests, t-shirts, etc… Overall, the most common styles were sleek, slim or straight fit, florals, spring color pallet, and statement shoes. These High Heels were soon to leave the scene and the sneakers came out when it came time to mosh.
“I’m so glad I wore a more chill dress. That mosh went crazy and I don’t think I would have survived if I was wearing a full prom dress.” Senior, Claire Weeks, said.
While there were tons of different styles and interpretations at Senior Cotillion, it didn’t matter too much by the end of the night. We moshed like never before, crowd surfed a few to many people, shed lots of tears, and had an amazing night with the people we will never forget.
Senior, Alayna Warby, put it best. “Senior Cotillion was the best night ever! I got to have to time of my life with all my favorite people one last time before we head on to new and exciting things.”
We had a blast and rocked some pretty awesome looks. Until next year Farmington, we can’t wait to see what trends appear at the next Senior Cotillion.