The Student News Site of Farmington High School

Nix News

Nix News

Nix News

Polls

What grade are you in?

• Sophomore (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Junior (36%, 14 Votes)
  • Senior (28%, 11 Votes)

Total Voters: 39

Loading ... Loading ...

Winter Sports Legacy at Farmington High

Our beloved school Farmington High has only been open for six years, and has already begun to create an incredible legacy in the sports world of FHS. Each year the winter sports teams at Farmington High seem to surprise us over and over again with their great success. 

Through the team’s highs and lows the winter sports of FHS have standed their ground and kept their rightfully earned spot  in high school sports throughout Utah. Our winter teams have set some hard records to beat for our future students of FHS. 

“We’ve had two state champs. We’ve placed at least ten to twelve wrestlers. We’ve been in the top five a couple of times.” Stated Wrestling Coach Gentry Gasser 

The boys basketball team has had similar success throughout the years at Farmington high school. 

“We’ve played in two final fours, one state championship and won a region championship. We’ve had at least fourteen wins every season here at Farmington high school.” Said Boys Basketball Coach Kasey Walkenhurst.

These records were made because of the hard work of our student athletes and the commitment and attention of our coaches. Once the winter season starts our student athletes are all in and have their eye on the prize. Sports take hours of hard work and commitment and our student athletes are driven and willing to put in the work and effort. 

Because high school sports take so much time and commitment, students and coaches really get to know each other and create long lasting friends on their teams. For Girls Basketball Coach Tara Ferrin she enjoys spending so much time with her players.

“Favorite moments have been getting to know the girls, and just watching them work hard at practice.” Said Coach Ferrin 

Our winter high school sports have been so successful and have brought entertainment to many. We hope that our winter sports can continue to work hard and bring home the gold while being an inspiration to future generations of FHS!