The Best Three Point Shooter

Cooper Hyde, Sports Reporter

Larry Bird is considered one of the best three point shooters of all time during his career. Bird was always a threat when he was outside the arc. Larry Bird dominated the league during his career and left a legacy on the sport.

Larry Bird was born in West Baden, Indiana, in 1956. He grew up in poverty and played basketball using a rim attached to a pole. Bird quickly developed a love for the game of basketball and showed immense talent on the court. Bird attended Indiana State University where he led his team to a NCAA championship game in 1979.

After college, Bird was drafted by the Boston Celtics. He quickly established himself as one of the best players in the league. Larry played 13 seasons in the NBA and during this time he achieved three NBA championships, MVP award in 1983-1984, and attended the NBA All-Star 12 times. 

Larry Bird was more than just a shooter. He has immense talent in every category in basketball. Larry could pass, rebound, and play great defense. He had a high IQ and could read players and make smart decisions on the court. Bird’s true shooting average is 56.4 in his career. In Larry Bird’s career he finished with 649 three pointers made. Bird was a deadly shooter beyond the three point line. He was also a great mid-range shooter and had many clutch shots. He was able to score anywhere on the court. Farmington High School Senior Tanner Covington said this, “Larry Bird was an amazing player on the court and could shoot from anywhere and anytime.”

Bird was a threat on the court and considered one of the best basketball players of all time. He will go down as one of the greatest three point shooters. Larry Bird is a true legend to the sport of basketball and has left a major impact on the basketball world.